Environmental Management Services
How We Can Help You
Environmental management can be very technical and complex, but at PHSC we break this down into manageable steps and help you to integrate it into your management system. Whether you are looking for support or training for waste management, pollution (air, water or land), workplace environment or a management system that meets ISO 14001, we can help. The benefits of environmental management are easier to quantify than health and safety, eg by reduced waste and energy costs.
With over 30 years of experience and a range of specialist consultants, we listen to you to identify the challenge you wish to address; we then work with you to achieve your objectives.
It is important that your legal compliance requirements are aligned and integrated into your existing processes as this avoids duplication in time and effort and streamlines environmental management with your wider business systems. Our range of environmental services are designed to assist you in meeting your present and future needs,including:
- Workplace and environmental noise assessment services
- Asbestos surveys and management services
- Environmental Management Standards (ISO 14001 and EMAS) and services
- Occupational hygiene services
- Waste management services
- Environmental Support Package (ESP)
- Environmental training
Whether you require assistance with a specific environmental issue, or require ongoing support and advice, we can provide a package that will suit your particular needs.
Specific examples of work we have completed include:
- Trichloroethylene monitoring to determine exposure levels against HSE guidance (EH40) with guidance on controls to further reduce exposure
- Cyanide assessment, analysis and monitoring for a sub-marine network organisation fitting cables under the sea
- Workplace air quality assessment in a number of large city offices to determine common problems such as air circulation levels, presence of VOCs, air refresh rates and effectiveness of air conditioning systems
- Noise assessment (workplace as well as environmental noise) in a large bus depot where vehicle movements were causing disturbance to local neighbours as well as emitting noise levels which were above statutory levels for workplace noise
- Development of an ISO 14001 management system up to accreditation in an engineering company who wished their system to be integrated with their ISO 9001 management system.