This one-day IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course is designed for anyone in a senior position who needs to understand how safety and risk management can be integrated into wider business processes, the liabilities that senior managers have under law and how to implement a proactive Health and Safety Culture.
This Safety for Executives and Directors course has been designed to enable the Executive and Non-Executive Directors to understand their key responsibilities for health and safety management, to understand the implications of poor compliance via prosecution (Sentencing Guidelines), grading under co-regulation, impact on claims / reputation etc. The key components and benefits of a defined management system for occupational H&S (ISO 45001) and how this can be integrated into wider business practice as well as the organisational culture / leading health and safety and what good safety leadership involves.
This IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Course has been designed to enable senior personnel to understand:
- Responsibilities for health and safety management
- Understand the implications of poor compliance
- How to integrate health and safety requirements into existing management systems
- Use health and safety as a promotional and PR tool
- Implement simple safety leadership protocols.
- Outline of key legal requirements.
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Implications / consequences of non-compliance
- Integrating health and safety systems into other business objectives
- Key aspects of a health and safety management system
- Health and safety leadership / culture.
IOSH is the Chartered body for health and safety professionals. As the world’s biggest professional health and safety membership organisation, they are the voice of the profession, campaigning on issues that affect millions of working people. They set standards and support, develop and connect their members with resources, guidance and events as well as training.
This course provides a validated and benchmarked level of knowledge and competence for senior personnel at work. IOSH qualifications are recognised by all leading compliance bodies, e.g. HSE, Insurance Companies, etc.