Welcome to the Housing news page.
We have included articles we feel would benefit those in the housing industry. The news page will regularly be updated with housing industry articles.
HSE receives many letters from letting agents each year “reporting” tenants for failing to allow access to properties so that annual gas safety checks can be carried out.
A man has been fined and given a suspended sentence after working on a number of boilers without being Gas Safe registered.
A Preston Landlord has been given a suspended sentence after failing to ensure gas appliances in one of her properties.
Warwick Estates Proper Management Limited has been fined after a resident of Marsden House in Bolton died after falling down a lift shaft.
This article highlights that all companies should check contractors are gas safe registered.
A Hertfordshire-based home improvement company has been fined after the unsafe removal of asbestos material from a domestic property.
Gas Fitter and Company prosecuted
An illegal gas fitter and the company that hired him have both been prosecuted after work was left in a dangerous condition at a home in Torquay.
James Wilkinson was Gas Safe- registered for some types of gas appliances, but had been carrying out work for which he was not competent.
A landlord was given an twelve month suspended sentence for gas safety failings.
Exeter plumber left gas work in dangerous state
An Exeter plumber called Colin Jones aged 59 had left a gas meter and gas pipe in a dangerous state in a customer’s house.
The company director of a Sash Restoration Company Dorset LTD have been fined for safety failings because a worker fell three metres through an unprotected skylight.