Manufacture and Industry
Manufacturing and Industry
We provide support and guidance in almost every area of manufacturing and industry, including developing safe behaviours, and safety culture. Whether you are looking for specialist help in machinery safety, warehousing, ergonomics or work processes (to name a few) we have consultants who have seen it before, found effective solutions and can share them with you. Our consultancy services to help businesses develop their processes to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 have helped produce our clients’ efficiency, especially those for whom we have developed an Integrated Management System.
The food manufacturing industry is particularly complex due to wide variety of machinery and equipment in use, and the need to balance industrial safety with food safety and hygiene standards. This sometimes requires an holistic approach to achieve success for both safety management, waste minimisation and food safety.
We help you through all parts of the food manufacturing process. By working seamlessly with other companies within the wider PHSC plc group we can ensure you receive the most expert advice, all from the same place. For example, RSA Environmental Health has former Environmental Health Officers who are now consultants, and can provide guidance on food, hygiene and safety compliance.
InHouse Safety Limited provides specialist support, consultancy and training in food safety and HACCP assessment. This includes bioscanning services and auditing to monitor hygiene standards, use as part of training or simply part of a wider audit process.
Examples of clients with whom we have worked within the food industry include:
- Plamill Foods where we completed risk assessments of the entire manufacturing business, training of staff, development of policies and COVID-19 support to reassure workers of their safety whilst working during the pandemic
- British Bakeries where we completed risk assessments and trained their managers in behavioural safety
- Mr Kipling where we supported managers, guiding them through risk assessment of machinery and processes, and delivered NEBOSH and IOSH Managing Safely in-house at their own premises so the content could be tailored and practical tasks include
- Delifrance where we completed health and safety audits to help the business plan strategic systems. We also provided IOSH accredited senior executive and director training and introduced the concept of a behavioural approach
- Centurion Foods
Gas, Electric and Energy Maintenance
Our clients provide gas services, installation and maintenance, and electrical services work. Work environments include workshop, manufacturing as well as on construction sites, railways and other transport industries. This often requires systems to be developed for peripatetic workers who are sometimes undertaking high risk activities such as work at height or in hazardous environments.
Whether you are need help with risk assessment, safe systems of work or training designed specifically for your own business and incorporating your own systems, we will guide you through the process or do it for you.
Examples of clients with whom we have worked with include:
- Computer 2000
- KH Electrical Services Ltd for whom we provide a complete Advisor Service, including Health and Safety Auditing, Policy writing and Risk Assessment
- Secure Engineering Ltd where we provide an ongoing Advisor Service covering all aspects of health and safety and training. We have also designed their ISO 14001 Environmental Management system and integrated it with their ISO 9001 processes to maximise resources.
- RVT Group for whom we have acted as their Appointed Safety Advisors for many years, and have integrated their ISO 9001; ISO 14001: and ISO 45001 management systems to improve efficiency.
General Industrial Manufacturing
We are proud to be associated RBLI whose manufacturing services have gone from strength to strength, as have their health and safety management standards. We have had the privilege of being their Health and Safety Advisors for a number of years and have watch the steady improvement in safety management,which has correlated with their industrial growth.
We help their managers understand the legal and best practice standards that apply to their areas of production. They are now implementing integrated safety management systems that aid their people and productivity.
Many of their staff have disabilities and therefore the solutions we identify need to take account of complex manufacturing / engineering operations as well as protection of the team. The diversity of industrial activities within this organisation has made our work rewarding and fascinating.
At Quartic Engineering Ltd (Dartford Metallcrafts Ltd) we integrated their health and safety with their ISO 9001 Management System, and have developed it from initial accreditation as the business has changed. We also design and deliver Toolbox training and complete their engineering-based risk assessments.
PHSC provides an excellent thorough service that meets the individual needs of our company. They are always very responsive to any questions associated with any Health and Safety issues . They also recently provided excellent guidance through a particular tricky CDM process associated with of our contracts”
Nick Kelly Director at Industrial Dust Control Ltd