Safety Advisor Service
Some clients call our Safety Advisor Service a Competent Person Service. They are in essence the same thing. Key highlights of our Appointed Safety Advisor / Competent Person service include:
- Designated “competent person” to meet regulations; your own safety team at your finger tips whenever and wherever you want it
- Your own lead consultant, with full back up and support from all the resources within our organisation as and when required
- A number of days for consultancy or training built in to suit your own priorities and resources and bespoke to your needs
- Access to unlimited telephone advice and support for no extra charge, including sample templates, etc
- Discounts on additional time and services if you need more than you initially planned
- Newsletter update / news alerts sent directly to you frequently
- Expert Witness service for both civil and criminal liability
- Free additional “Insured Advice” Insurance
- Priority response
Many organisations can’t justify employing their own professional staff to guide them through the maze of legislation and how to meet requirements. Others do have their own competent person s), but they find that some projects are too time consuming or require the input of a specialist or someone with a wider level of experience.
This is where PHSC can help. Through our specialist Safety Advisor Service / Competent Person we can provide a simple, cost-effective and reliable solutions to ensure that you comply with all the necessary legislation in a way that compliments the successful operation of your organisation.
About the Service
This service has been devised in response to the needs of our clients and is flexible enough to support large and small organisations. Put simply, it:
- provides ongoing support for those who do not employ a health and safety professional,
- or is used as a back-up by those employers who already have existing in-house expertise.
Helping you meet the law
Legislation (ie Regulation 7, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999) requires each employer to appoint one or more competent persons to assist in health and safety management. We are a resource to be called upon, as and when required, and you are entitled to designate us as your “Competent Person”.
Integrating Systems for Business Improvement
Rather than developing systems that run parallel with your business processes, we look at how we can integrate processes into what you are already doing so health and safety doesn’t become an extra or additional job. This gives you the assurance of knowing the job is being carried out in the most effective and safe way that is reasonable.
The Basic Package
- Each contract is for an initial period, usually two years, with a number of days for consultancy or training built in that is agreed and controlled by you.
- An important benefit is access to unlimited telephone and email advice and support during the life of the contract for no extra charge.
- The cost of the basic package includes an agreed amount of time for you to use with us each year, and can be expanded to cover as many days as you wish. Each year we agree with you what your anticipated needs may be and adjust the contract accordingly so it is completely tailored to the changing priorities of your organisation.
- The advantage of structuring the agreement in this way is that your invoices are payable by quarterly installments, assisting with your cashflow. This pricing arrangement means that the cost is spread over a whole year, even if the time allocation is used immediately.
- Discounts are automatically given for any additional work that may be required, and this is charged as it arises.
- Our clients who use this service are given priority response.
Joining the Service
If you would like to find out more about joining The Safety Advisor Service please contact us: