A man has been fined and given a suspended sentence after working on a number of boilers without being Gas Safe registered.
High Wycombe Crown Court was informed how Philip Locke carried out work on a boiler in 2013 without being registered, faults were found later with the boiler.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuting issued a letter to Mr Locke informing him of his responsibility to be registered to work on boilers. Further information given to HSE suggested that Mr Locke failed to become Gas Safe registered.
Mr Philip Locke of Chalfont St Giles, High Wycombe pleaded guilty of breaching to charges under the Gas Safe Regulations 1998 has been sentenced to four months’ imprisonment suspended for one year and fined £6500 and ordered to pay costs of £6280.
Speaking after the hearing HSE inspector Stephen Faulkner said: ‘Phillip Locke showed disregard for the law when he continued to work on gas appliances without certification.
‘This case highlights the importance that plumbers must be competent and Gas Safe registered to work on gas appliances.’